Thursday 13 February 2014

Blowing in the wind .......

Helloooo,

We had a bit of wild night last night ...... no I'm not talking about a Walmsley Wednesday again.  
Windy doesn't come into it.  In fact all the schools on the island cancelled their after school clubs, evening classes were cancelled, flights didn't go and of course the ferries were cancelled because of the weather.   Some of the gusts actually shook our house.   
I very nearly had a Mary Poppins moment at one point ..... the other half and I had to do battle with the garden brolly ..... and we lost ...... miserably!  I've been saying for a while we need new garden furniture ..... well we do now!!! 

I said yesterday I'd be back with my Less is More entry for this week ......and here it is


It's the dreaded ONE LAYER WEEK ....... and the theme is

ANYTHING GOES!

I actually don't mind the One Layer Weeks anymore ..... it's the 'anything goes' that's the hard part.  And One Layer Cards can sometimes take the longest time to produce ...... no mistakes allowed.  Surprisingly this was only my second attempt ..... it usually takes me a lot more before I get one right!!

I took inspiration for the design from one of the brand new JOFY stamps ..... one from her Minis range.  I spotted them whilst checking out the new stuff over at Country View Crafts (better get the bank card ready - it's going to get expensive!)

I used the Burlap panel from the IndigoBlu stamp set - Sarah's Choice and stamped it using Vintage Sepia Versafine ink.
I then overstamped the leaves, from the Hero Arts Clear stamp set - Delicate Leaf Clusters in black.


The words are from the Simple Sayings set from Mr Holtz


Like I said, this was my second attempt ..... the first one ended up with the dreaded black finger mark on it (arggghhh!).  All was not lost though ....... a cheeky little wooden button did the job in covering it up ....


but ...... now it was no longer one layer ...... so I had to do another one.   I got there in the end.

It's been a little bit calmer on the island today, thank goodness.  The wind's still blowing mind, just not as strong - yet!!!

Thanks for popping by today.  I do hope the weather's being kind where you are ....... stay safe and warm.

Cheerio until next time ......

Linda
xx

5 comments:

Marianne said...

that's a beautiful card

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card Linda, I love your stamped Burlap panel - brilliant design.
Pauline
x

Chrissie said...

I love this layout!
Super card!
Thank you once more!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Skye said...

A lovely card. I love the layout and the background stamp

Redanne said...

I am really loving that burlap stamp Linda, not seen that one before (oh dear)... Your cards are both beautiful. Hope you stay safe and warm too. Happy Valentine's Day. Anne xx