Saturday 10 March 2018

Sparkly ATCs for Happy Little Stampers ......

Happy weekend ......

It's been a busy day today ..... I've been having fun with a workshop.  Eight lovely ladies playing with stencils, inks and rubber stamps ........ it's always fun when we get together.   There was also tea and cakes involved too .... yum!   More about all that some other time though.

It's time to launch the latest Happy Little Stampers ATC Challenge ..... and as you can see this month it's all about Sparkle.  


There's nothing that sparkles quite like a diamond ...... so that's my take on this month's theme
(one this size would be nice!)


I started out by splattering a piece of white cardstock with gold and silver metallic inks ..... I used the Delicata re-inkers for this.  I poured a tiny bit of the ink onto my craft sheet, and spritzed it with water.  I then picked up the ink with an old paint brush and splattered over the card .... great fun!


Once it was dry, I cut the card into three pieces, slightly smaller than ATC size as I wanted to add a layer of coloured card behind them.  I added a little colour to them by inking around the edges using a turquoise ink to match my layering card.

I stamped a sentiment onto each one using black Versafine ink and heat embossed with clear powder


The large diamond, which is from an Stampin Up! set, was then stamped a few times onto white card and then heat embossed in silver before fussy cutting each one.


They were then covered with Glossy Accents and sprinkled with various amounts of crystal glitter over the top to add the sparkle


I added a few dots of glitter glue here and there onto the backgrounds ....


and a few gemstones for added sparkle


A girl can never have too much sparkle ..... or diamonds for that matter!

As with all the HLS challenges there's a prize for the winner.  A $20 Gift Certificate to spend in the HLS store which of course will be doubled if the winning ATC has been created using HLS stamps.

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your weekend.
It's time to put my feet up ..... and relax!  There's a glass in the kitchen filled with a nice chilled gin and tonic and it has my name written all over it!!

Cheers folks!


PS ..... if you're a Happy Little Stampers fan and you're looking for some new stamps then we've got something special for you coming up .... watch this space!

6 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Terrific trio of ATCs -- love the shiny diamond

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

very pretty. Love the use of the diamonds.
Barb Housner

Priya Satish said...

Totally Fun ATCs. Love every elements in the trio.

!neke said...

Great shining trio !!!!!

Ineke X

simo said...

Beautiful, sparkling, shining ATCs...love them! Hugs xxx

Jane said...

Plenty of sparkle on your cards even without the addition of diamonds. Brilliant set of atcs.